Workshop - "Finalizing Your College List"
Mrs. Takahashi will be holding a workshop on Thursday, September 1, from 1:30 - 2:15 in the library, on the topic of finalizing your college list. Learn tips for researching the potential colleges on your list, or discover ways to find other colleges that match your goals. Learn how many is too many, and how to pare down your list. This workshop will be offered more than once. Keep checking the C&CC website for more workshop information.
“College is a match to be made, not a prize to be won.”
Visit the College and Career Center to search for your perfect match.
Scheduling Information for Admission Representatives
Are you an university admission rep that would like to visit Lynbrook High School in the fall of 2016? Please follow this link to our googleform.
Come and explore the College & Career Center!
- We have books that you can check out with topics such as: careers, college guides, college applications, essays, financial aid, test prep, and athletic recruitment.
- Learn about Community College: degree /certificate programs and transfer agreements to 4-year universities
- Do you want to learn about career plans that don't include college?
- Need help creating your college list? Make an appointment for assistance.
- Need someone to give you feedback on an essay or resume? Submit a printed copy to the C&CC. (Guidelines posted in the C&CC.)
- We also have brochures and handouts.
- Questions? Stop by the C&CC and speak with Mrs. Takahashi. She is here to help all students!
One of our popular reads is a book called Where You Go Is Not Who You'll Be by Frank Bruni. Come into the C&CC and literally check it out!
This New York Times article talks about the college admissions process.
Visit Colleges. We strongly recommend that students visit some college campuses before they complete their college lists. There are a wide variety of colleges within a few hours of San Jose, so you can easily visit them on a day trip. There is a pocket guide for choosing colleges available in the C&CC.