“College is a match to be made, not a prize to be won.”
Visit the College and Career Center to search for your perfect match.
Scheduling Information for Admission Representatives
Are you an university admission rep that would like to visit Lynbrook High School in the fall of 2016? Please follow this link to our googleform.
Come and explore the College & Career Center!
- We have books that you can check out with topics such as: careers, college guides, college applications, essays, financial aid, test prep, and athletic recruitment.
- Learn about Community College: degree /certificate programs and transfer agreements to 4-year universities
- Do you want to learn about career plans that don't include college?
- Need help creating your college list? Make an appointment for assistance.
- Need someone to give you feedback on an essay or resume? Submit a printed copy to the C&CC. (Guidelines posted in the C&CC.)
- We also have brochures and handouts.
- Questions? Stop by the C&CC and speak with Mrs. Takahashi. She is here to help all students!
One of our popular reads is a book called Where You Go Is Not Who You'll Be by Frank Bruni. Come into the C&CC and literally check it out!
This New York Times article talks about the college admissions process.
Visit Colleges. We strongly recommend that students visit some college campuses before they complete their college lists. There are a wide variety of colleges within a few hours of San Jose, so you can easily visit them on a day trip. There is a pocket guide for choosing colleges available in the C&CC.
The New Coalition Application
ALTERNATE APPLICATION SYSTEM
Beginning in July, there will be a brand new way for students to apply to certain colleges. Over 90 colleges have joined the Coalition for Access, Affordability and Success. The good news is that most of the schools in the Coalition will continue to accept the Common Application. The Common Application has been around for over 40 years and integrates seamlessly with Family Connection, making it easy for your Counselor to send and track supporting documents. Almost 700 colleges accept the Common Application, including a few new schools next year (Indiana University, University of Wisconsin-Madison and Baylor University). Given our familiarity with the Common Application and the ease with which it enables us to support your applications, we are recommending that you use the Common Application whenever possible.
There are three schools (University of Washington, University of Florida and University of Maryland) that will be using ONLY the Coalition application, which may require responses to different essay prompts.
Join a Team of Entrepreneurs
Next spring, the Silicon Valley Blue Ocean Competition will be hosting an event for student teams to pitch innovative business concepts to local entrepreneurs and businesspeople. But in order to make that happen, we need a team of dedicated students to bring the competition to life. The leader is a Lynbrook student and she needs your help.
They are currently looking for high school students to join the competition committee. Please go to this form to apply for a position on their team. (http://goo.gl/forms/6o2cnxioNzY4IwLy2) If you are interested in learning more about the event or have any questions, email email@example.com