NOTE TO STUDENTS: You must first have a job offer before obtaining a work-permit.
1. Print out both pages of the Work Permit form (click link to download the file).
2. STUDENT completes Section 1.
3. EMPLOYER completes and signs Section 2.
4. PARENT/guardian fills out and signs Section 3.
5. EMPLOYER also signs and dates bottom of PAGE 2.
6. Bring BOTH pages back to the EDUCATIONAL SERVICES CENTER (Fremont Union High School District Office) - 589 W Fremont Avenue, Sunnyvale CA 94087, 408/522-2200, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm.
7. DISTRICT REPRESENTATIVES complete SECTION 4 and issue the work permit.
NOTE: Work permits will be processed on Tuesdays and Thursdays and will be available for pick-up on Wednesdays and Fridays. If students bring a self-addressed, stamped envelope, work permits will be mailed home as soon as processed.
Juniors and Seniors who have a part-time job may earn elective credits towards graduation requirements.
Request 'Work Experience' as one of your classes and attend a mandatory 1 hour per week meeting with the work experience teacher (schedule determined once school year begins).
See your Guidance Counselor for more information.