2014 Night on the Quad: September 30th, 5:30 – 7:30 pm
This is a PTSA sponsored event that gives student groups the opportunity to:
- showcase their activities and talents by setting up a display or demonstration
- publicize their club and encourage new members
- Raise money by selling food or putting items into the auction.
It is a FAMILY Event! All students and their families are encouraged to attend.
- To advertise your club, your club can plan a display or demonstration. We will do our best to provide the space/tables/outlets that you need. Reserve your spot. (see below) Space is available up until September 23rd, but the best spaces will go to the clubs that register early.
- Sell food or specialty drinks. Many people would like to buy desserts and drinks. LIMB will be selling sodas and water. There will also be some people there who will want to buy small dinner items. You must get prior approval (see below) in order to sell food or drinks. We don’t want a lot of the same food, so not all ideas will be approved. Get your food proposal in early! You also need to submit ASB fundraiser form to ASB by Sept. 20th. You are not required to sell anything.
- Clubs can participate in Silent auction. The revenue (100%) from your auction items will go to your club or designated recipient. Ideas: Get donations in form of tickets to events, services (such as cooking, tutoring, planting a tree), gift baskets, electronics, food, gift cards, etc… Club parents can be asked to donate, as well. Contact: Kavita Aswani, firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your club has talent, offer to provide some entertainment during the evening. Contact ASB VP at email@example.com
- The PTSA will be selling dinners in advance. Please pre-order dinners for you and your family. Order forms are online and in the school office.
To reserve your space, please contact Supriya Makineni at firstname.lastname@example.org using Lynbrook NOQ as the subject. (Very important or it might get lost in my spam filter). Include your club name, your name, all contact information, food sales proposal, and other needs such as electricity or demonstration space. Be specific! Observe deadlines! (If you don’t get a reply within 3 days, please re-send your e-mail.)
Advertise!! Encourage your members and their families to attend.
(And ask them to bring their checkbooks for the auction!)
Silent Auction information
To help raise more money for clubs this year, we are doing a LHS Community Participation Silent Auction. As club officer, please brainstorm some ideas with your club members for donation to the silent auction. We would like all clubs represented. We will be giving prizes to “Most Creative”, “Most Money Earned”, “Most Popular”, “Best Presentation”.
Some ideas are:
- Themed baskets (cooking, BBQ, movie, gardening, beach, family fun, etc..)
- Beauty Baskets (beauty supplies)
- Store Gift Certificates
- Restaurant Gift Certificates
- Hotel Gift Certificates
- Horn Blower Gift Certificates
- Massage Gift Certificates
- Spa Gift Certificates
- Service Certificates (computer help, photography, tax service, haircut or whatever talent you have)
- Homemade goods (knitted blanket, quilts, canned food, painting, pillows)
- Anything in great condition, but not used in the home
- Handmade Jewelry
- Tour of Googleplex
- Tour of Apple’s Infinite Loop Campus
- Prom chauffeuring in a cool car
- Trip on someone’s boat
- Backstage tour of…
- Tickets to Musicals
- Tickets to Plays
Please turn in your donations by Friday 9/26/14 to school office. For any questions, please contact: Kavita Aswani, email@example.com
2013 NOTQ Auction Items
Look at some of the items that were auctioned off last year